Success Story Automotive

Fortune 10 Automotive Company Eliminates Data Errors by 98%

created a master data environment

Large organizations need to create structured relationships for complex data to manage it and unlock its best value easily.

The customer—a Fortune 10 company that designs, manufactures, and markets vehicles and vehicle parts—generated an immense amount of data. They needed a master data environment that would treat all hierarchies and push a correct version of truth downstream for processing.

the Results

Key Outcomes

The new automated pipeline solution created for the customer delivered various benefits:

Reduced over standards & key-man risk
Reduced over standards & key-man risk

Reconciled data standards between governance & MDM tools
Reconciled data standards between governance & MDM tools

Delivered values-adds beyond the original scope
Delivered values-adds beyond the original scope

Eliminated 98% of accounting report generation errors
Eliminated 98% of accounting report generation errors that could occur due to data anomalies or redundancy(The remaining 2% of business data updates will be taken care of by data stewards)

Eliminated 60% of processing steps
Eliminated 60% of processing steps, 40% of processing days, & 5 days of month-end work

The challenge

4 key areas

The customer’s data deluge presented a host of problems:

Past Acquisition Clarity

Past Acquisition Clarity Lack of clarity regarding past acquisitions, streamlining data, and picking a master golden record became bottlenecks for various business applications

Coordinating Processes

Coordinating Processes Difficulty in coordinating processes, leading to tedious manual activities for the same on the last 13 days of each month

Complex Global Hierarchies

Complex Global Hierarchies Difficulty in dealing with complex global hierarchies used in various planning and accounting applications

Robust hierarchy management

Robust hierarchy management Lack of a robust hierarchy management system hindered downstream processing

The Solution

5 key areas

After analyzing the customer’s requirements and existing systems, Apexon delivered a cutting-edge solution that included:

New Pipeline

New Pipeline

A pipeline to collect new data feeds, change requests, and build a complete hierarchy management system with match-merge and fuzzy-match-driven criteria

API-integration

API-integration

API-integration with MDM systems to run validations, build staging versions, view changes, and automate the month-end MDM maintenance process

Custom Asset Workflow

Custom Asset Workflow

A custom asset workflow to allow users to map the governance system attributes to MDM systems

Automated Validations

Automated Validations

Automated validations to ensure smooth month-end processing

Staging versions

Staging versions

Staging versions to enable processing of future-dated requests